• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leaf spring help

xtimmax

NAXJA Forum User
Today i was out taking the leafs off the jeep. I got the front bolt out after about two hours of messing with it, and 1 week of soaking it with pb blaster. after i pulled the bolt out i expected the leaf to just drop out like on the first side. but there is something stuck in there preventing it to come out. it lookes like a metal sleeve going through the leaf spring bushing into the frame rails. Is there a way to get the leaf out without hacking up the frame? cutting the leaf is not an option because i am not replacing it with a full leaf pack.

Thanks

I assume you are doing an AAL? If you are, don't drop the spring, just undo the spring clamps and centering pin after you undo the u-bolts, put in the AAL and new centering pin, tighten down and replace with new clamps.

That sleeve does not go into the frame it is just stuck. I've had to use a large pry bar to pop them out. Just use some common sense as to where you place the bar as not to damage any thing.

dmo8361 said:
I assume you are doing an AAL? If you are, don't drop the spring, just undo the spring clamps and centering pin after you undo the u-bolts, put in the AAL and new centering pin, tighten down and replace with new clamps.

i got it all figured out. i'm doing the s10 setup for now until i save up for a new pack.

Back