• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88' lower trackbar nut size?

BrokenXJ

NAXJA Forum User
The nut on the lower trackbar is buried into the the mount with limited access :( The torx on the front is a T50. I really need to know the correct size of this nut? I need to either buy the correct offset wrench, or start modifiying some of mine to get at this access to it.

If it doesn't have the tab on the side of it to keep it from spinning it probably isn't the stock bolt, so there is really no way to know the size without seeing it.

I have had good luck taking a big screwdriver or prybar, and pounding it in from the side of the bracket to wedge it between the edge of the nut and the trackbar mount.

The stock bolt is an M10 x 1.5 x 65. The nut takes a 15 mm wrench. If you don't have the tab, do what was suggested to jam the nut. When you put it back, you can either get the OEM nut, with the tab, or do what I did. I got 2 hardened 3/8" washers and put them under the nut. This spaced the nut out past the lip on the bottom of the pocket so you can get your wrench on it.

Thanks for the nut size. I purchased a craftsman 15mm flarenut wrench and got it out :yelclap: Adding the washers is a good idea, for the reinstall.

Back