• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what's the easiest way to get some airsoft BB's in the tires?

philip_g

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking something like pull the schrader and turn the wheels against the LCA's with a bit of pipe or something in the way to break the bead, there has to be an easy way to get them in w/o pulling the wheels ff and breaking it on a bead breaker.

You could take the wheel off (I know, PITA) and use a high-lift on your rock-rails or bumper to break the bead. If you stick the base of the high-lift against the sidewall and start jacking, it will break the bead. Just be sure to let the air out first! :dunce:

- Jay

philip_g said:
I'm thinking something like pull the schrader and turn the wheels against the LCA's with a bit of pipe or something in the way to break the bead, there has to be an easy way to get them in w/o pulling the wheels ff and breaking it on a bead breaker.

There isn't an easier way. I did mine with a beadbreaker tool and had all 5 done in less than 2 hours with a good bead cleaning as well.

If you don't have a tire plier, pry the bead down, shoot it with WD40 and then work your way around. When you get back to where you started it should pop right off with a pry bar. Clean it well, drop in your AirSoft and then reseat the bead.

pSYChedXJ said:
You could take the wheel off (I know, PITA) and use a high-lift on your rock-rails or bumper to break the bead. If you stick the base of the high-lift against the sidewall and start jacking, it will break the bead. Just be sure to let the air out first! :dunce:

- Jay

had to take the fronts off anyway, I'll give it a shot, thanks.

philip_g said:

Why in Hizzle would you want to do that?:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

hammerandnailsco said:
Why in Hizzle would you want to do that?:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

why the fuck not? i can nearly break the beads standing on the tire, a little mechanical advantage and they'd pop pretty easy.

philip_g said:
why the fuck not?
I was just wondering why you would put them in there. What do they do? I just don't understand. Sorry I'm :dunce:

hammerandnailsco said:
I was just wondering why you would put them in there. What do they do? I just don't understand. Sorry I'm :dunce:

they balance the tires.....you don't have any weights to come off the rim either.

IntrepidXJ said:
harbor freight tire changer.

http://www.myxj.net/blog/?p=72

you gotta take the wheels off....even if you can break the bead on the vehicle, good luck pouring the BBs in

x2, I just swapped out my rims, took less than 30 minutes to take all 4 tires off the old rims and have them put back on the new rims. Best $40 tool I have bought.

hammerandnailsco said:

Do a search ya Newb.

hammerandnailsco said:

what the others said, I mounted my tires at a shop and had to use stick on weights, which fell off anyway so it's a quick, easy way to ensure the tires are in balance

or so i've read, this is the first time i've tried it.
I like the noise the tires make when you roll them slowly lol.

I got 2 containers of BB's at walmart for something like $15, the chart said to use 8oz of weight per wheel and the fronts used 2/3rd of the container so it's pretty cheap too, I assume you can re-use them when you switch tires

I did mine yesterday. I pulled the wheels/tires and took them to the local garage. They pulled the old weights off, pulled the valves and busted one bead. I had the beads already weighed out so all they had to do was pour them in.

They charged me $2.50 per tire and the beads were $15 at Wally World for 10k beads.

This is a huge improvement and I suggest the beads with any size tires.

Back