• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need to make a wiring harness for HELLA500s

Motorvated

NAXJA Forum User
Planning on mounting a set of 500's on my front bumper...I have the lights, but i dont have ANY sort of wiring for them. Could someone point me to a good writeup on making a harness and wiring them up. Much appriciated :worship:

Are you wanting to wire them so they come on with your parking lights/headlights or a toggle switch or both?

I just did a quick google search and found about 15 different write ups and plenty of wiring diagrams.

you can buy a wiring kit at a auto store or Walmart if you go to the auto store you will need a switch, 3 colors of wire red, black & your choise two relays with 4 post not 3. wire strips & crumpers and connents about 6 sets plus 4 closed eye, Red to your fuse block then to the hot side of the relay, the opposite side to the one wire on light, a eye at the other wire on light to bolted to metal. a eye your choise wire to switch thes out to the ground side of relay, this runs low amps, will not burn up

Personally, I just bought a wiring kit from advance auto, came with the relay, all connectors and splices, and the wiring was already shethed in shrink wrap so it was easy to run. I think the only extra thing I bought was a cooler switch. it was 15 to 20 bucks and well worth it. If you buy 3 small spools of wire, the assorted electrical connectors and a relay and switch it will cost more separatly.

If you wire them to come on with you headlights, make them come on with your high beams, I hate people who wire them to their lows or parking beams and drive around blinding people

I want them wired to a switch so I can decide when I want to use them. The advanced auto install kit is prety decent than? I'll probably go with that

Back