• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting Tow Hitch

Whiteknight

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to be buying a hitch for my XJ and the guy said it doesn't come with a nut strip(or whatever you call it). Can i just buy them from a Jeep dealership or an auto parts store

You can get them at the Jeep Dealer Ship. I recommend getting the right and left at the same time. The one on the passenger side (Already factory install on all XJ's) will get very rust and might be hard to work with. It makes the job a lot easier.

XJ Hitch REINFORCEMENT, Sill

52001174 Right
52001175 Left

Dealer Price $22.40 ea.

FYI You're also going to need the metric threaded bolts that go in them. They're not all that easy to find. I can't remember off the top of my head the size. I got a whole bag of them out in the building though.

scoobyxj said:
FYI You're also going to need the metric threaded bolts that go in them. They're not all that easy to find. I can't remember off the top of my head the size. I got a whole bag of them out in the building though.

M12 x 1.75 x 40

Last edited:
o4petesake said:
P.S.Be sure to use grade 8 bolts...They will have 10.9 head marking on them.

Yup.

I went through a lot of hassle with my hitch that I had gotten used off someone else..
But I didnt feel like paying 22 something a piece through a dealer.. So I wound up buying a hardware kit from Rustys for the hitch.. Cost me like a dollar or two.

Back