• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JEEP RAVINE WHEEL SPEC

OH_FARMER

NAXJA Forum User
Will some one help me put this to rest? I searched for info on 'backspace' and 'offset' and get a couple different opinions. I have a set of OEM Jeep Ravine wheels from a '06 Wrangler Unlimited. They are stamped 15 x 8 and 25.4 offset. Would this work out to be about 5.0 BS? I believe this is correct, but have found posts that say more offset = less backspace. How does this work??:helpme:

that sounds right because the 25.4 mm from the center (4 inches) of the rim toward the the outside of your rim. so the 4 inch midpoint plus about an inch in offset gives you about 5 inches of backspacing

Yea that is right, I think that the stock XJ wheels have 4.5" of BS So They might rub if you turn lock to lock.

Sounds right, stock TJ Canyons had a 5.25 BS and the Ravines don't look to be as dished.

Should work nicely, may have to add a washer to your steering stops, or just learn not to crank it all the way over.

1985xjlaredo said:
Yea that is right, I think that the stock XJ wheels have 4.5" of BS So They might rub if you turn lock to lock.

The majority of Jeep wheels have 5.25" BS.

OH_FARMER said:
Will some one help me put this to rest? I searched for info on 'backspace' and 'offset' and get a couple different opinions. I have a set of OEM Jeep Ravine wheels from a '06 Wrangler Unlimited. They are stamped 15 x 8 and 25.4 offset. Would this work out to be about 5.0 BS? I believe this is correct, but have found posts that say more offset = less backspace. How does this work??:helpme:
By my figuring, the backspace on that particular wheel is 5 9/16".
25.4mm offset is roughly 1 1/16", and you add that to 4 1/2" to get the backspacing.

The 4 1/2" is the centerline of the wheel; (1/2 of 9").
The 9" is the entire rim width; 8" tire seat width + 1/2" bead width on both sides.

Clear as mud, no.....?:confused:

Thanks for all the replies. I doubt I keep the wheels though. I bought them from a neighbor who took them off his '05 Wrangler at 1200 miles. They are really nice and I was going to put them on my XJ when I got it painted. Since then I decided to lift it (OME 3") and will probably look for something with 3.75 BS and 31.00 x 10.50's Thanks again for everyones input. The backspace/offset thing can be confusing.:roll:

Back