• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

changin gears on a 88 MJ

MJ88SB

NAXJA Forum User
Hello NAXJA Nation!! It's been a bit since the last.

I've got stock 3.07 gears in my stick 4.0 4x4. running 31's.
My nephew's 92 yj has stock 4.11's that is swapping for lower 4.56's
1) Would those 4.11's be an easy swap for my MJ ?
2) If they do how much would my rpm's be @ fwy speed? :sure:
Right now i'm running @ around +-2100 rpm @ 65 mph.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2588843
Like always thanks .
"Keep trail ridin'.. I'll catch up"

You'll probably love the 4.11s. I'm running 4.11 axles from a 4-cyl XJ and 32s and its just about right for highway use. If you have a pull-n-save place near you it might be easier to grab axles from an XJ 4-cyl since the front is a straight bolt-on, but the back you'll need to move the spring perches. Fpr the new rpms 2100*4.11/3.07 = 2811 rpm which is fine.

lawsoncl said:
You'll probably love the 4.11s. I'm running 4.11 axles from a 4-cyl XJ and 32s and its just about right for highway use. If you have a pull-n-save place near you it might be easier to grab axles from an XJ 4-cyl since the front is a straight bolt-on, but the back you'll need to move the spring perches. Fpr the new rpms 2100*4.11/3.07 = 2811 rpm which is fine.

:clap: Thanks for the insite! will do and thanks for that equation , it will come it handy!!

Back