• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick Disconnect: now with Dorman Part Numbers

OK, there's no way I was paying local dealer $25 per o-ring set for my tranny and fuel lines. Did a bit of research and was able to get the rings for $6.95 per set, available through NAPA and other fine auto parts stores.

Dorman Part# 800-013 "5/16, 3/8 Fuel line O-rings".

4 rings in a package, 2 @ 5/16 (not used), 2 @ 3/8.

You'll need to keep the plastic spacer from your old setup.

Here's how to install:

1. Drop the new o-rings in a small can of gasoline (I use a ca tfood can w/ about 1/4" of gas)

2. Pull line by sqeezing clips together (clean first w/ carb cleaner or you'll break the ears.

4. Pullout old o-rings and spacer. I use a piece of coat hanger wire with a small hook on the end/

4. Clean the "socket" where the o-rings go w/ carb cleaner.

5. Install 1st o-ring in the bore of the socket. Careful, you want to make sure its seated and not crimped, pushed too far, or sitting at an angle. Tiny screwdriver makes a good tool

6. Push spacer in the bore till it seats with the o-ring.

7. Push 2nd o-ring in to contact the spacer.

8. wet the o-rings and bore again with a bit of gasoline for a lube, then reconnect fuel or tranny line.

Back