• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 Axle shaft

Gecko321

NAXJA Forum User
went to the junk yard looking for some spare front axle shafts. saw a 93 grand and it had the larger 297x joint. so i snagged them for $25 total. got to looking at them and noticed that on the inner shaft the yoke is splined onto the shaft. never saw anything like this before. was wondering if this was normal or something wierd jeep did.

mike

Gecko321 said:
went to the junk yard looking for some spare front axle shafts. saw a 93 grand and it had the larger 297x joint. so i snagged them for $25 total. got to looking at them and noticed that on the inner shaft the yoke is splined onto the shaft. never saw anything like this before. was wondering if this was normal or something wierd jeep did.

mike

????????? what do you mean by yoke on the inner shaft?

He's talking about where the u-joint is,and yes thats how Jeep did it!

i just thought it was wierd. never seen one like that before... they hold up pretty good. bashed on them in tellico with 34 ltbs and a welded front.

mike

I also noticed that the 93 ZJ D30 shaft had a larger diameter shaft than a 90 XJ with abs and 297 joint (said 90 XJ donated the shaft to the 93 ZJ).

Back