• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ CAD Drawings

HaZakated

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all,

I am in the process of designing an exo-cage for my cherokee and am wondering if anyone knows where I could find CAD drawings (preferably 3D models) of an XJ Body.

Thanks you.

Brian

There is a guy over on jeepin.com that has a model of an XJ done up in solid works.

ExpiditionOne or something. I remember like a few years ago he sent it to me and I did some detail work to it. There were a few of us who were making changes and such to it, but what he had for a base was pretty darn good. Ofcourse, you'll need to have SolidWorks to do anything with it.

mjma said:
There is a guy over on jeepin.com that has a model of an XJ done up in solid works.

ExpiditionOne or something. I remember like a few years ago he sent it to me and I did some detail work to it. There were a few of us who were making changes and such to it, but what he had for a base was pretty darn good. Ofcourse, you'll need to have SolidWorks to do anything with it.

Any chance you can send that file over? I think I saw some of your models and they look pretty good.

have fun modifying those sketchup models. I just imported them into Autocad and they will be a b**ch to work with because you have to go and sort stuff out onto layers and such.

I do have Solid Works; however, no matter what type of model it is, almost all 3d modeling CAD packages read Parasolid format. It is not going to be parametric but it will work for my purposes.

Thanks!

mjma said:

Could you send me a copy of what you have?

[email protected]

mjma said:

Id love to get that model for solidworks. Someone should get a hold of the guy and see if NAXJA will host his file for download

PS.....I have access to Unigraphics, Solid Edge, Solid Works, and Auto Desk so if someone has a file I will convert it to many formats for everyone.

An old file is being hosted on phatserver.net Check out the thread on jeepin.com http://jeepin.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43191

I don't have the computer that I was doing the stuff on anymore, but I'm sure the newest and most improved versions will surface soon. For now, this version is a pretty darn good starting point for ya.

sketch up

I think sketch up is compatable with google earth.

So once you have the drawing file, you can place your XJ at different locations on the earth to see how it looks! :laugh3:

Re: sketch up

bl87xj said:
I think sketch up is compatable with google earth.

So once you have the drawing file, you can place your XJ at different locations on the earth to see how it looks! :laugh3:
I cna see mine in my driveway:wierd:

Here is the link to the Solid Works approximate 3d model. It requires some detail work, but the majority of work is already done. I am just going to take a few measurments from the XJ and detail the model right. I will also add a floorpan and interior to it.

Download the file called Complete.Zip

ftp://phatserver.net/web/

Here is a pic of my Jeep and a couple model views of some work I did to it last night.

4yqs4k2.jpg

4yjbzo6.jpg

4puznrk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. Nice model, eh? Haven't seen that thing in a while!

I remember doing diff covers, pinion yokes, bumpers, control arms, etc etc etc....but again, that stuff was all saved on a computer that I no longer have at the moment.....

Looks good though man! If I had more time I would have mocked up a suspension setup and seen if I could make it move!

Back