• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front seats

lanceevox

NAXJA Forum User
How do you take the front seats out without removing the sliders/bottom brackets that are bolted to the floor (the 4 bolts are rusted pretty bad)? I do not want to risk breaking a bolt to remove the seats. The reason I want to remove them is because there is a ton of dog hair from prev. owners dog that I would like to clean out. It smeels pretty bad.

Last edited:
Just undo the four bolts on the floor. It's the easiest way.

Howdy,

Most years will need to be removed from the vehicle to remove the seats themselves. Which means you need to unbolt the brackets securing them to the floor. Mine came out with alot of wd 40 and big pipe wrench. Just when to the hardware store and replaced the really chewed up nuts.

Connor

I am not sure about your 1996, but I know you can remove the 97-01 seats without removing the slider from the floor. You will need a box end wrench, ratchet and socket and it really helps to have one of those new gearwrench type wrenches in the proper metric size. Slide the seat up or back as needed to get at the seat nuts. Be patient and take your time. Start with the front 2 seat nuts so you can tip the seat back a little to get the rear nuts off.

Back