• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel Tech

Shogun

NAXJA Forum User
Currently running OEM 15x8, 5.25BS(?), 5x4.5 steel wheels, 31x10.5 tires with 3-4" lift.

Considering new wheels as follows; 16x7.5, 5.79BS, 5x5.118, offset 1.457, hub bore 3.337.

I dont know OEM offset or hub bore. Bore appears to ba about 2.88". Also not sure about how OEM wheels are located, hub or studs.

Anyone have any comments about whether these wheels will fit (or can be made to fit)? Obviously the hubs/drums will need to be re-drilled for the stud dimension (5x5.118). Comments on whether that operation will work?

The WJ is 5x5.0 and is what part of it a direct swap to the XJ?

Well, the answer is no either way, none of it is a direct swap. :)

If you'd really like to go to all that work you could run a 5x5 wheel. But wouldn't it be simpler to just buy an aftermarket 5x4.5 to eliminate all that work?

OEM wheels are hubcentric. Some aftermarket wheels are also, but for the most part after market wheels are centered on the lugs and can be centered on the hub with hub rings.

The point of the operation is that I have wheels that I want to use only available with said specs. Therefor I need to modify the vehicle to accept those specific wheels.

And yes, it will be worth the expense/effort.

The WJ question was whether the "hub" (part with the lug bolts) can be installed in the XJ knuckle.

"hub rings"? Are these an easily available item?

Shogun said:
The point of the operation is that I have wheels that I want to use only available with said specs. Therefor I need to modify the vehicle to accept those specific wheels.

And yes, it will be worth the expense/effort.

Must be some special wheels. Please post pics when done.

Back