• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME 3" - Few questions

SLO.XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I have been looking at doing a 2" BB for awhile now. I want something that will ride nice and last.... and mainly replace my saggy stock junk. I know OME makes quality product... but ~$700ish for a 2" (springs, full rear packs and shocks) is a lot of coin. I was looking at the 2" setup on Jeepin' Outfitters and I noticed the OME 3".... for damn near the same price.

http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=429

SO... Here are my questions. The OME 3" just comes with coils, full packs, and shocks. I was surprised to see that they would offer it with no LCA or no track bar. Does this mean it would be fine without either?

I just dont want to deal with having to do a SYE, LCAs, Track bar, etc...

Anyone have experiance with the OME 2" or 3"

What year do you have? I didn't need an SYE on my '95 with the 3" OME. I did add alignment shims to the LCAs to get the front caster back to a better value. I also got a black diamond track bar to center the front axle.

BTW, there's a lot of info on OME here. For searching three letter words, do "+site:naxja.org ome" in google as per the sticky:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349

with a 95 you should be ok with not doing an SYE for 3" of lift. might have to shim your rear, or do a TC drop....

I'd highly recommend getting an adjustable track bar....

I'm at about 3.5" of lift and don't have problems with my control arms....but i'm sure it would ride nicer if i had some adjustable ones. nothing terrible right now though...

I would talk to Dirk at DPG Offroad. I called him yesterday and I learned more in 20 minutes talking to him than a month reading the forums. He is a really knowledgable guy and he had lots of experience with OME. What size of tires are you planning to run? If you want to run 31's you should probably go with 3". DPG Offroad prices are the same and you get quick disco when you order the kit, as well you get a discount on the trackbar ($190 I think).

I have the 3'' OME lift on my 99.
As of right now I have the stock control arms and track bar, although I have a JKS track bar sitting beside me right now. It rides and drives with no problems with the stock components.
I only have a tcase drop, and I dont have any more vibes, and thats with a late model, which supposedly have bigger problems with vibrations and such.

Also, x2 on calling Dirk. He helped me figure out what spring rates and shocks were right for me. Was very helpful.

Cool, Thanks for the input guys.

I picked up a set of 5 Rubicon take-offs with like 100 miles on the 245/75/16 MTRs.... so i cant wait to get it all together.

SLO.XJ said:
Cool, Thanks for the input guys.

I picked up a set of 5 Rubicon take-offs with like 100 miles on the 245/75/16 MTRs.... so i cant wait to get it all together.
Nice, thats what I have on mine as well. They look better then they do on the rubis. :shhh:

Starboard M said:
I have the 3'' OME lift on my 99.
As of right now I have the stock control arms and track bar, although I have a JKS track bar sitting beside me right now. It rides and drives with no problems with the stock components.
I only have a tcase drop, and I dont have any more vibes, and thats with a late model, which supposedly have bigger problems with vibrations and such.

Also, x2 on calling Dirk. He helped me figure out what spring rates and shocks were right for me. Was very helpful.

That's an Amen from me too about Dirk. I plan on ordering my lift from him whenever I get the dough . . . which at this rate will be never.

Back