• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR bolt-on steering upgrade?

x2 on wondering the quality of this system. looks solid, but what do the users think?

Probably doesn't matter.

Quote from JCR site:

"Sorry, we are currently not selling 'Jeep Bolt-on Steering Upgrade' due to parts availability. Check back soon to see if we have this issue resolved. Sorry for any inconvenience."

Let me say that I decided to go the upgraded route and decided to make my own.
But I went a step further and am replacing both bars, not just one.
That and I would think that you would want to buy the TRE's locally as most if not all auto stores has lifetime warranty on them for the good ones, not the cheapo's.

I am also adding safety wire tabs to bars and holes to the bolts as I really do not trust loctite alone in an application like that that sees an extrodinary amount of stress and vibration.

There's another thread about this floating around (JCR vrs TNT), search.
and i know for a fact there's a $hit load more threads like this too, search.

96Yeepster said:
Let me say that I decided to go the upgraded route and decided to make my own.
But I went a step further and am replacing both bars, not just one.
That and I would think that you would want to buy the TRE's locally as most if not all auto stores has lifetime warranty on them for the good ones, not the cheapo's.

I am also adding safety wire tabs to bars and holes to the bolts as I really do not trust loctite alone in an application like that that sees an extraordinary amount of stress and vibration.

Matter of fact I finally got the stock parts reamed out about an hour ago today.
Tomorrow will start the drilling, cutting and tapping of the 1 1/4" X .250 DOM tubing.
Hopefully have it back on the road Wednesday. Man these TRE's are HUGE.

selarep said:
There's another thread about this floating around (JCR vrs TNT), search.
and i know for a fact there's a $hit load more threads like this too, search.
I know to search, i think ive been around long anough to know that, i just didnt come up with any results after searching things like JCR steering, JCR upgraded steering etc. maybe i didnt try anough variations. And the reason i didnt want to post in the JCR vs. TNT thread was because that thread was dealing with JCR's 1 ton steering, and i didnt want to high jack the thread.

Last edited:
If you're going to spend money for steering, why *wouldnt* you go to the 1 ton steering? Stronger, better ends, and loses the inverted Y which sucks with tall lifts.

cal said:
If you're going to spend money for steering, why *wouldnt* you go to the 1 ton steering? Stronger, better ends, and loses the inverted Y which sucks with tall lifts.
true, but i thought that the upgraded steering did the same thing as the 1 ton, but it was just not as strong? :dunno: If the "upgraded steering" retains the inverted y then ya, its not worth it and ill probably go with the 1 ton or something similar

oo7ravisXJ said:
true, but i thought that the upgraded steering did the same thing as the 1 ton, but it was just not as strong? :dunno: If the "upgraded steering" retains the inverted y then ya, its not worth it and ill probably go with the 1 ton or something similar

Indeed. Over about 5" of lift, an inverted T setup with a high misalignment rod end or chevy DLE's at the pitman; or a full crossover setup is about the only way to go. The inverted Y works great on a stock jeep, even a small lift, but when you get tall it gets stupid ;)

Back