• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Old Man Emu? 5" or 3"

TLowery04

NAXJA Forum User
ok so I want to lift my 4 dr '89

should i go with the 3" lift for 149$
or the 5" lift for 893$

or look elswhere?

thanks

-Trent

where the heck are you getting the price of 149$ for 3" lift from OME?

untitled.gif

you should have mentioned it was a BUDGET lift.
whatever you do, dont buy from rocky road. do a search for them, there's reviews on that shady company. chances are you're gonna get some coil spacers that are 3" not made by ome and a ton of crappy customer service.
please, search "rocky road"
just get a complete kit fit from RE for 500$ (thats the 3.5" lift with a track bar extra)

Fizassist is right- Rocky Road makes no claim that the 3" budget lift has anything to do with Old Man Emu, and it doesn't. I purchased their 2" budget lift last summer, and it was fine: 2" spacers for the front, and an extended shackle & 1/2" block for the rear. I also ordered their shocks & bar-pin eliminators. (Note: their shocks are the same length as stock). Their customer service isn't great, but the hardware's fine, and they shipped my order reasonably quickly.

92westshady said:
I love how your google search bar says "pale blond girl" in your screen shot, hahaha! Thats funny.

HAHA I didnt realize that, fecking Dave....

one of the pitfalls of living in a dormatory with an open door policy :doh: somebody ALWAYS uses my laptop...

ahh well, I move into an apartment soon... I hope...

-Trent

If you want OME stuff, give Dirk a call at DPG Offroad. He could probably set you up with a 3" OME lift, or a hybrid 4-5" lift......

JNickel101 said:
If you want OME stuff, give Dirk a call at DPG Offroad. He could probably set you up with a 3" OME lift, or a hybrid 4-5" lift......

Exactly, you beat me to it.

mecompco said:
A third vote for Dirk--his service can't be beat. I would not, however, be too dissapointed if the cost turns out to be slightly higher than $149.95, though.

whatever the increase in cost is, it's well worth it because of the service, trust me.

I ordered my OME stuff from Dirk. Good price, great service. A 3" kit is gonna run you $900 shipped.

If you are considering Rubicon Express, Bob Supplee's prices can't be beat!

Another vote for Dirk at DPG. Awesome service, great products. Very happy with the OME 3" kit I've had on for the last year-and-a-bit.

Ok, I'm looking for an economical lift, I only make 6.75 an hour, and I have about 750 saved up.

what is the best lift for my money that doesnt involve poor quality or ad-a-leafs?

-Trent

Back