• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my alignment

rag

NAXJA Forum User
spec:
d29ff70859f2.jpeg

problem:
d44a316513e8.jpeg

549b9ae0d58e.jpeg

solution:????

i have hubs and balljoints on the way, hopefully that will resolve my front end camber among other things. im clueless about what to do with the rear alignment, is it time already to swap in the 8.8?

On the rear you can loosen the U-bolts and move it around on the centering pins.but why bother, its not that bad.
Wayne

when you think of it, its only off by a fraction of a degree which will not effect anything. i think my rear axle tracks about 3 degrees off! lol

Yeah not bad specs there but if you care... Loosen the rear u-bolts up and knock the right rear forward a little, you will be amazed at how little it takes for you specs to move, get that thrust angle closer to zero. Point three difference on rear camber? Just tighten up a lug nut. lol. For the front if you have adjustable control arms just move the caster a hair and the camber will fall right in though the reading you have is not that bad for wearing the inside of the tires, and the adjustable ball joints are a pain in the rear(front), you can spend all day tweaking, and your specs will change anytime you set up the alignment machine anyway.

i may be overreacting but the feathering and scuffing my 200miles new tires are showing me leads me to believe these will not last as long as intended.

i just placed an order for timken hubs and normal spicer balljoints. hopefully either some RE or jks arms will be on order too.

The only thing on that photo out of whack is the front camber. Hopefully it'll come up with new balljoints, if not you can try the adjustable uppers or just rotate the tires frequently. I would make no attempt to try and get the caster up to 7.5 degrees, that is too much for anything but a bone stock XJ.

Back