• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

replacing oil sending unit

whatevah

It's Yellah!
I'm pretty sure my oil pressure sending unit is shot, so I need to replace that sucker post haste. I know where it is, and what part to replace it with, but will I need to drain the oil to replace it? I'm hoping not, I just changed the oil and filter hoping it was just a bad filter.

No need to drain your oil. Just take off the old and replace with your new one. There is no pressure with the motor off.
Good luck .

awesome, thanks

Hey whatevah .... I see from your sig that your Jeep has "custom pine-striping". Wood-grain effect, I presume? Or did you just rub up against the trees last time you went wheeling in the pine forests?

br1anstorm

the latter, I'm afraid... a lot of very tight trails leads to pine needles scraping the side of your Jeep. I do have a little rub mark, but that's from one of our mountain trails where I couldn't get traction on the ice and eventually rubbed against a tree trying to get free.

Back