• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle drop need help

paxj1112

NAXJA Forum User
Im tring to drop my dana 30 axle to put in my lift kit and the only thing still holding it on is the trac bar and the upper control arms are the only thing still attached and it wont drop do i have to remove the trac bar to get it to sit on the ground am i missing somethiong thanks

i ussually undo eveything except UCA'S unoing your trac bar and steering will help

Definately undo the steering at the pitman arm, or You'll hang it on and bend the tie-rod. Remove the trac bar only with no pressure on it. If you rent some coil spring compressors from autozone, it may help you so you won't need to.

I guess it depends on the lift but you shouldnt need to do all that. Just disconnect the swaybar and brake lines and stick a bottle jack between the frame and axle and jack that side down while jacking the opposite side up with a floor jack. Unless you are installing 6" springs (in which case youve probably got to remove the stock control arms anyway) you should be able to pop them in.

Back