• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help:Heat core hose connection- pic

RyanM

NAXJA Forum User
4vgmv7l.jpg

managed to barley touch the hose and this thing snapped. Dealer part or have you guys used a cheap autozone connection.

also what is the vacume peice that is mounted to it?
(I know about my wires, It was a spare.)

96 4.0

bump, I edited my post, check it outtttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

be warned, i bought one at auto zone and some of the tubes were facing the wrong direction, made it kinda tough to install properly.

duh, i know what the thing connected to it is now.

NOBODY is picking up their phone, guess I gotta get a Taxi to make it to Napa by 6 so I can go to work in the AM. :flamemad:

thanks for replys

RyanM said:
duh, i know what the thing connected to it is now.

NOBODY is picking up their phone, guess I gotta get a Taxi to make it to Napa by 6 so I can go to work in the AM. :flamemad:

thanks for replys

Holy crap, you got a NAPA thats open past noon on a saturday ? I thought that was against federal law. Around here if you are in front of the door at closing time you'll get your azz run over by the employees leaving. Almost all the auto parts stores carry that part, some even in metal vs plastic.

RichP said:
Holy crap, you got a NAPA thats open past noon on a saturday ? I thought that was against federal law. Around here if you are in front of the door at closing time you'll get your azz run over by the employees leaving. Almost all the auto parts stores carry that part, some even in metal vs plastic.

congrads on you 10k post RichP!

selarep said:
congrads on you 10k post RichP!

WOW. 30 seconds per post average x 10,000=83.3333333 hours conservatively.

The stock one on my Jeep had plastic tubes and a metal vacuum "actuator."

Replacement from AutoZone was all plastic. Been on for more than a year, no problems yet.

Tubes were facing the right directions.

My Napa Replacement was pretty much Identical. I warn others to check theirs
because I barely moved this hose and It cracked. (not 200* but luke warm). I was getting ready to change my plugs when SNAP. I'm glad It happened in my Driveway rather than on the road!:gee:
Well 100 dollars later, champions, wires, cap, rotor, and heater valve she is running like a Top!

Take a look at how the hoses go into it. Probably would be able to carry a small piece of plastic tubing to jumper the hoses from the engine together and completely bypass the heater core if the thing blows up on the road. Had to do a parking lot fix on my 90 dodge shadow that way quite a few years ago.....

The vacuum line goes to your heater control head and opens the valve when switched to heat to allow coolant to flow through the heater core to warm your toes. Plastic smastic... better than china tin.

RichP said:
WOW. 30 seconds per post average x 10,000=83.3333333 hours conservatively.

And I thought I spent toooo much time on the 'puter.
BTW sorry to hear about your state going broke. Must need the tax money you spent at NAPA.

Back