• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Painting bumpers

Ken M

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at trading my '93 Cherokee for a 2000 Cherokee SE. Can the black bumpers and stock fender flares readily be painted body color? Any thoughts, product recommendations, or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ken

I dont see why not, ive rattle canned a lot of things on my jeep. so far ive spray bombed TJ Flares, a rear axle, rock rails, tow hook brackets and the rear hitch. it helps to remove any rust, and scuff up the surface with a green scotch bright pad so that the paint will stick better. even better is to take it down to bare metal.

hth
stewie

Thanks. The flares and bumper ends on my 1993 are body color, but I didn't know if the ones on the 2000 are the same materials. I've only seen photos of the 2000 so far. Are the black flares on the SE rigid like on the '93, or are they soft?

Ken

Ken M said:
I'm looking at trading my '93 Cherokee for a 2000 Cherokee SE. Can the black bumpers and stock fender flares readily be painted body color? Any thoughts, product recommendations, or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ken
one word...

Krylon

Back