• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS Track Bar Frame Conversion Bracket

selarep

NAXJA Forum User
p_ogs925-frame-bracket-trackbar.jpg

Convert your front track bar mount to a double shear configuration with our Frame Conversion Bracket. Unlike the single shear connection used by the factory, our double shear design distributes the applied force along two surfaces for a huge strength increase. In addition, the Frame Conversion Bracket allows the use of our Adjustable Trackbar with 2.5" Johnny Joint® bushing and positions the mounting bolt horizontally for unrestricted trackbar operation on Jeeps® with extreme suspension travel.

Made from 0.25" thick steel, our Frame Conversion Bracket is laser cut, CNC formed and MIG welded for superior strength and consistency. Installation requires the OE trackbar mounting bracket to be removed from the chassis and modified, as our Frame Conversion Bracket must be welded to the OE bracket.

- Install requires modification and welding to OEM bracket

Any one use this bad boy? Looking at it, is this the same item that Kevin sells on his JKS track bar kits for $300?
These brackets only run $25 and the JKS track bar new is $180.
There seems to be a bolt hole on it (i think) that bolts into the OEM TB bracket so that you can get it aligned. Looks pretty easy... and cheap... and awesome.
Looking for reviews on it.

The JKS bracket pictured does not bolt-on, however it is a pretty simple fab project. You need to chop the stock mounting point off of a stock bracket and then weld the JKS unit on. I just finished up my version of this mod which looks just like the JKS unit....I had a spare TB frame bracket, the right size tube, tools and skills and it took me less than an hour.

If you have some basic fab skills and trust your life with your welds, the JKS unit is a good option.

I have kevins bracket, and yes, its the same thing - no problems what so ever!!! Love it!

XJEEPER said:
The JKS bracket pictured does not bolt-on, however it is a pretty simple fab project. You need to chop the stock mounting point off of a stock bracket and then weld the JKS unit on. I just finished up my version of this mod which looks just like the JKS unit....I had a spare TB frame bracket, the right size tube, tools and skills and it took me less than an hour.

If you have some basic fab skills and trust your life with your welds, the JKS unit is a good option.

Can i see some pics of the materials you used and also the final project?

Back