• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front mounted fans

Indertdxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have done a search but couldn't find anything.

I am after some advice on mounting fans in front of my radiator/ac condensor and behind the front grill.

I am running a 2.5L Turbo diesel and want ot keep stock fan at rear for as it sucks through the intercooler and with spotties, bar and winch am worried that I may get overheating probs in our summer due to restricted flow through front grill. I thought adding additional fans in front of grill will aid in air flow in slow low range driving.

Anyone who has done this ie fans in front of radiator? If so what fans? How did you mount them?

Your own countryman Gojeep has a writeup on fans but they are pullers. Somewhere on here there is a writeup on pushers but they are pretty negative about them. May work for you diesel though. We don't have the option of diesels here unless they are a retrofit IIRC. The subject of OEM diesels does come up on occasion but they are so rare here.

I don't think there is enough room up there to mount a fan without lots of modification. I would like to see pics if you find a way to do it though. Good luck, cheers.

Just enough room...9 inch fans x2 and 2 inches deep just fits to get fron grill back on...mounted directly to condensor (ties through condensor). Not really happy with that because extreme vibration on long dirt roads may have some consequences...

Back