• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Arkansas

Sorry Dirt but I vote no. We have enough work just getting the three states together enough to get the chapter started. Maybe after we are established I will feel differently. Just my oponion though.

3 States with the majority in Texas. As the MWC person said Arkansas is to far from there base group. I know a bunch of Dallas guys whol will drive to hot springs to go wheeling at Superlift.

I don't think it would be that much more work, it would be that many extra BOD members to selct.

I'm all for adding Arkansas to the party. As a few have stated, Superlift ORV in Hot Springs is a pretty common wheeling destination for a lot of us, so it shouldn't be a big deal to make sure the folks out that way can participate.

Well if we are going to add Arkansas then do we need permission like we did with Oklahoma? Is the MWC willing to give up the Superlift Park along with those members that reside there? Do they even go there as a chapter?
Just a few questions.
I was mistaken about their inclusion being a further distraction during our formation. Everyone seems to agree to allow their entry we just now need to get them officially released from the MWC. Paroled or pardoned whatever is correct terminology here.

It would make more since geographical, Disney and Clayton are almost in Arkansas to begin with. The addition of Superlift Park would be great.

Looks more like a Blitzkrieg to me.

goodburbon said:
I think that the MWC had a Winterfest planned at Superlift sometime in the future.

So does that mean that they may be reluctant to relinquish Arkansas to TXXJA? Or can they retain the Superlift event and still give us the membership from Arkansas? Or does that mean that the Superlift event is ours as well? Mucho preguntas.

I don't see any reason why we should say that they can't have an event there if we get Arkansas. We're all on the same team in the end.

goodburbon said:
I don't see any reason why we should say that they can't have an event there if we get Arkansas. We're all on the same team in the end.

If there is a profit for the chapter involved then it does make a difference. I am sure that there is a fee to participate and that is probably split between Superlift and the chapter involved. Sales of merchandise like T shirts and stickers are also involved. If MWC is sponsoring this event or "hosting" it then they expect more than just good times from it.

mikeforte said:
If there is a profit for the chapter involved then it does make a difference. I am sure that there is a fee to participate and that is probably split between Superlift and the chapter involved. Sales of merchandise like T shirts and stickers are also involved. If MWC is sponsoring this event or "hosting" it then they expect more than just good times from it.

So? I don't remember any of the bylaws preventing chapters from using parks located outside their designated territory for events? Besides, them wanting to do a Winterfest in Superlift doesn't mean we can't do one at some point, as well. As for them allowing it, Chia stated in the first post that they were okay with us taking it, and I don't think some intangible "in the future" event is going to make them throw the brakes on that.

Glad to see Arkansas will be included in the (yet to be officially named) chapter :wave1:

As for the possibility of MWC wanting to host an event at Superlift park - wouldn't it be possible even to have a co-hosted event, hey the more the merrier - I've been to Hot Springs when there were over 280 registered for an event and it was no problem.

Mike

I don't see anything in the bylaws that precludes two chapters having a joint sponsored event either. As Ramsey said "The More the Merrier". Speaking of Ramsey where has he been hiding lately, I thought he was a VP candidate?

I don't see any problem adding Arkansas, or at least So. Arkansas at this point either. It's closer to Houston I think than Corpus Christi, or about the same distance and lot closer than El Paso to Houston.

Ecomike said:
I don't see anything in the bylaws that precludes two chapters having a joint sponsored event either. As Ramsey said "The More the Merrier". Speaking of Ramsey where has he been hiding lately, I thought he was a VP candidate?

I don't see any problem adding Arkansas, or at least So. Arkansas at this point either. It's closer to Houston I think than Corpus Christi, or about the same distance and lot closer than El Paso to Houston.
Been busy with life, it gets in the way every now and then. Still been trying to keep up with things.

Ramsey said:
Been busy with life, it gets in the way every now and then. Still been trying to keep up with things.
Missed your mundane and worthless comments lately. Glad you are back. Your contributions make life interesting, worthless though they are. ROFLMAO

Back