• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's bedsides

Blue_Blooded

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone running these on their cherokee? I would assume due to logic that when rusty's says xj and mj, that only a 2dr xj is used. So any1 have pics of these flares on a 2dr?

Wouldn't buy Rustys junk if I had to remain bone stock. Worst customer service in the entire XJ market place IMHO.

that there is in fact such thing as rusty's bedsides

i have had great customer service with rusty's, you may not have. if this person chooses to order from them, that is his risk -just as it would be with any other retailer.

my only advice, call on the phone, it seems to work better that way.

anyway, it should work on any xj. the only things different on the 2dr and 4dr models are the doors and the rear section of the body, the frame length, and front section [and most other parts] is all the same.

If its a "bedside" its for a comanche pickup.

you would only be able to run these on a 2door or a comanche

red_01_xj said:
you would only be able to run these on a 2door or a comanche
Really?
07-BITD-P2230.jpg

Heres a 2 door
IMG_1766-1.jpg

o ha ha....should have looked at the link.

no, you cant use them. they are for the bed of a comanche

although... it says "we have both styles for the xj cherokee and the comanche".. so i dont know now

I would like to see them be functional on a 4 door

Is fiberglass a good idea? IIRC fiberglass doesn't dent, it breaks.

They're for desert racing. Don't dare to think they're for anything else.

What they actually sell I am not sure. But AFAIK it is just a bulge skin, not an entire bedside for a MJ, or rear 1/4 for a cherokee. You have to graft it into whatever you've got.

FWIW, while fiberglass is a shitty composite, it can be made stronger than steel with less weight. However, these are uyltra-thin weight saving sides.

Back