• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tune up time

rickolis22

NAXJA Forum User
ok, i bought my 94 5spd 4.0 back in febuary. i'm gonna do a tune up and change the fluids this weekend or next week. its got 156,000 miles on it now. i've been researching on here and this is what i'm going to do.

champion truck plugs
spark plug wires ( any recommendations?)
redline mt-90 for the ax-15 (do i need 4 qts?)
castrol gtx 10w30 motor oil (or should i use 10w40?)
wix/napa oil filter
mobil 1 atf for the xfer case ( any other suggestions? and how much do i need?)
diff fluid (redline 75w90 gear oil? any other suggestions, and how much? i think its a d30 front and chrysler 8.25 rear)
i think i'm gonna run some seafoam through the brake booster line as well.

let me know what you guys think, or if you have any tips for me. can i buy gaskets for the diffs? or just use rtv? thanks in advance.

I'd go with factory OEM wires, cap and rotor, they also make a heavier set of mopar OEM plug wires that are labeled 'high performance' and they seem to be $10 cheaper. Othewise all your other choices look good.
Remember to remove the FILLER plugs on the transfer case and tranny first BEFORE you remove the DRAIN plugs :D why ? think about it for a minute....

I prefer Amsoil products, but you are not bad with the choices you made. The Wix/Napa Gold filters are top line products.

Amsoil makes a great Severe Gear lube for the diffs. It is a long life product that I have had good results with.

Get the Lube Locker gaskets for the diffs!!! RTV is so 20th Century! You can find them at

www.lubelocker.com

I would recommend a good synthetic for the engine, but unless you are wanting to extend your drains, it would probably not be cost effective.

If you want to do a little research on oils, filters, and such, a good site to get more information than you could ever use is

www.bobistheoilguy.com

A lot of petroleum wizards are in the forums. There is a lot of real technical discussions about various products.

Have fun getting the maintenance caught up!!

Back