• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91 tranny and case into a 97 4x4 converstion

Graluc

NAXJA Forum User
Searched and read a bunch of threads, but didn't find quite what I need. I've got a '97 5-speed XJ that is 2wd. I also have a '91 5-speed that is 4wd. I'm wanting to swap the 4x4 stuff into the '97. The only problem I see that I might run into is the hydrolic clutch set up. Can I retain the '97 clutch stuff or will I need to use the set up out of the '91? Any other problems that I might be overlooking? I believe it is a straight forward swap, since I have both complete rigs. One of these will have to be my daily driver, so I can't have them both down at the same time in case I run into any problems.

Thanks!

Assuming they are both AX-15's then I believe you can keep the better 97 setup. You would need to swap the bellhousing and bearing retainer over to the 91 tranny. That should save you from having to mess with the clutch as well.

Back