• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

31" skinny tires

Supermanxj

NAXJA Forum User
Okay i searched but i cannot find what i want.

Is there any company that makes a 31 inch tall tire that is skinny. I know that there is a tsl that is 31X9.50 but a TSL i think is a bit much for a daily driver. i did a calculation on a tire conversion chart and in a metric 245/85/15 would be equivalent to a 31X9.50. But i cannot find that size in any company.

Thanks

Josh.

just curious... why?

IslanderOffRoad said:
just curious... why?

Well, i have a few reasons.

1. I have always liked the look

2. I know that some will disagree but i think that they will perform well. (i.e Land Rovers have really tall and skinny tires, and they perform well offroad.)

3. I am doing this on a 2" bb, so i am worried about the LCA rubbing.

NAXJA

Josh

235/85/16 is a really popular size over here for landrovers.

The BFG mud terrain in that size comes out at about 32.5x9.5" on a 16x7 rim. That's a bit bigger than you wanted but skinny tyres can be made to fit easier with less lift and they do bite well in mud.

English XJ said:
235/85/16 is a really popular size over here for landrovers.

The BFG mud terrain in that size comes out at about 32.5x9.5" on a 16x7 rim. That's a bit bigger than you wanted but skinny tyres can be made to fit easier with less lift and they do bite well in mud.
Have you guys converted to the metric system yet? I wish the US would do that like they told us in elementary school they would. It sucks having to use two sets of tools to work on cars nowadays.

265/70 SR16
117/114S D
2835 lbs.
65 psi
16/32"
51 lbs. 7-8.5"
7"
10.7"
NA
30.7"

265/75 SR16
120/116S SL
3042 lbs.
65 psi
16/32"
51 lbs. 7-8"
7.5"
10.6"
NA
31.7"

jeeperjohn said:
Have you guys converted to the metric system yet? I wish the US would do that like they told us in elementary school they would. It sucks having to use two sets of tools to work on cars nowadays.

Keep on wishing if you'd like, but it'll never happen. Can you imagine the amount of $$$ it would take to convert everything. I used to work for the State, and they switched over to metric back in the mid 90's. It took 6-8 years to get all the old English projects phased out. Just as they were almost all switched over, they decided to switch back to English b/c the contractors were making too many costly mistakes.
I would give contractors dimensions in Metric and they would ask me, " So what's that in Feet & inches."

Just switch back and forth randomly like we do in Canada...eventhough we're officially metric..

carpentry/houses - Imperial
land - Imperial
driving (mileage,distance,speed) - Metric
driving (power/torque,towing) - Imperial (i.e hp, foot-lbs)
liquids (milk,water,coke,gas) - Metric
liquids (beer,liquor,oil,paint) - Imperial (sometimes US gallons)
pressure - Imperial
weather - Metric
people (height,weight) - Imperial

Back