• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad Day

mcraindog

NAXJA Forum User
Today I went wheeling...nothing too serious; a few mud holes and just some good trail riding...turns out after washing it, the engine is running hotttt, fluids are leaking from the front drive shaft, and there sounds like there is can rolling around up front...bad news for me

Hose out your radiator or use a pressure washer. If the cooling problem lingers then you have to consider the magical tool................search.

mcraindog said:
fluids are leaking from the front drive shaft, and there sounds like there is can rolling around up front...bad news for me

So how many quarts does a driveshaft usually take? (n)

Sell it, It's Broken.

DaffyXJ said:
So how many quarts does a driveshaft usually take? (n)

Sell it, It's Broken.

We have an 04 Kenworth T300 at my work. It started oozing some mystical goo from the rearmost driveshaft when it was still real new. Took it to the dealer and they were clueless. I felt like a retard when I called them to tell them the driveshaft was leaking something though lol.

BlueCuda said:
We have an 04 Kenworth T300 at my work. It started oozing some mystical goo from the rearmost driveshaft when it was still real new. Took it to the dealer and they were clueless. I felt like a retard when I called them to tell them the driveshaft was leaking something though lol.

So don't leave us in the dark, What was leaking from the KW driveshaft???
Inquiring minds want to know.

mikeforte said:
So don't leave us in the dark, What was leaking from the KW driveshaft???
Inquiring minds want to know.

Thats a good question, we never found out, it never leaked again either. I thought our driver was crazy until I looked at it. I think it was just a last ditch effort by the truck, it has leaked every other fluid...why not come up with some driveshaft fluid? In the end it was probably grease from the slip or something, but it was clear and very slimy so I don't really know. The service department at the KW dealer is horrible as well so they were not much help.

Back