• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kick Panel Speaker Pods

have you cheacked Q-logic? Honestly, it is not to difficult to make them using the exisiting kickpanels, fiberboard and fiberglass resin if you feel like a weekend project. Here is a link for kickpanels up to 96 but I am sure you could easily mod them

never mind, you guys beat me to it.....guess they make them up to 2001 now also (assuming you have later than a 96)

2001XJ said:
have you cheacked Q-logic? Honestly, it is not to difficult to make them using the exisiting kickpanels, fiberboard and fiberglass resin if you feel like a weekend project. Here is a link for kickpanels up to 96 but I am sure you could easily mod them

yeah he posted q-logics, but I was hoping more for a cheap plastic eBay sorta item. I don't want front speakers badly enough to spend near $200 on them. So not a priority to spend that kinda money on them.

I have a buddy who does stereo stuff, maybe he can come up with some ideas.

WheelinJR said:
yeah he posted q-logics, but I was hoping more for a cheap plastic eBay sorta item. I don't want front speakers badly enough to spend near $200 on them. So not a priority to spend that kinda money on them.

I have a buddy who does stereo stuff, maybe he can come up with some ideas.

Yeah, if you got a guy who does stereo stuff he should be able to do a set of them (using your exisiting panels) for dirt cheap...like $50 at the most. All it would really take is to cut a a hole into the kickpanels, outline it with a cambered trim ring, seal it up and re-upholster in speaker cloth, vinyl or if you want a better look fiberglass rosin and paint to match and you are good to go.

Careful putting the speakers on the floor. Hopefully they can handle water?

Why not see if you can get one of those things that hold overhead speakers in the rear of the XJ to fit up front, just behind your ears?? Kinda like on a CJ/wrangler, ya know.

mjma said:
Careful putting the speakers on the floor. Hopefully they can handle water?

Why not see if you can get one of those things that hold overhead speakers in the rear of the XJ to fit up front, just behind your ears?? Kinda like on a CJ/wrangler, ya know.

I think I know what you are talking about... like the sound bars for wranglers. I think I saw them in a JC Whitney catalog.

You saw them for XJs in JC whitney? I'm talking about taking one from a stock XJ, and modifying it to work upfront.

No, I saw soundbars for Wranglers in JC Whitney. I don't know what you are talking about with the stock XJ ones.

2638971_10_full.jpg

Just found this pic. Couldn't find any of them in an XJ....

They take up some room. Best thing to do is find some pics of them installed. I could snap some pics when I get some time.
George T.

mjd99xj said:
Do the Qforms take up any foot room? Im 6'1 and shift around alot to find room as it is. How much you looking to get for the used set gptrilik?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back