• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does replacement floor pan cover this??

LDeuce

NAXJA Forum User
I recently picked up another XJ for dirt cheap. Pulled the carpet to reveal Rust-o-rama 2007 and am picking up a new floor pan. Need to see if this, (http://www.discountjeepparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/3121_3123_3136/products_id/23946)
floor pan will cover this...
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/Lannyrx7/070407_1506.jpg

Also I have some rust in the bed, and pockets in rear wheel wells.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e260/Lannyrx7/070407_1507.jpg
What part would I look for, for these?? the quarter panel?
Thanks.

Yea.. I am kinda pissed about it. But I don't live in houston anymore where rust isn't a big deal.. In omaha it's hard to find cars without rust. I could probably just sell the motor and get twice what I payed for the whole truck.
I got about 4 1/2 months before I'm gonna need this puppy to get me through the snow so I might as well do something abuot it.

That floorpan was for a right hand drive. I don't know if there's a difference but it also stops at the front wall of the rear seat area so it won't cover the rust there. Honestly I would part that thing out and look for a better one.

yeah that floorpan i dont think will work for that back rust part. Try Sherman, they have everything for that truck. in smaller sections, they might have that section.

I had the same situation. After fixing it with sheet metal, I found that there is now available the back floor pan at Jeep 4x4 Center. They also have the complete front floor pan, yes it is for right hand drive. I bought one from Discount jeep and it fit perfectly in my '93. Either way, new pans or sheet metal, it is a project. Your welding skills will definitly improve!

red haranguer said:
I had the same situation. After fixing it with sheet metal, I found that there is now available the back floor pan at Jeep 4x4 Center. They also have the complete front floor pan, yes it is for right hand drive. I bought one from Discount jeep and it fit perfectly in my '93. Either way, new pans or sheet metal, it is a project. Your welding skills will definitly improve!

Holy cow that's sweet. I think it's a little too rich for my blood, but that's totally new, or you're the first person to discover it!

http://shopping.jeep4x4center.com/popup.asp?number=S-55235380

I got the floor pan from jeepdiscount parts still in the box in my garage, if willing to wait a little while I will unbox it and snap a few pics for ya tomorrow.

I got rot in the drivers side foot board.

Yea 300 for the two pieces and then 300 for shipping.. that's a buttload of shipping money.

Yea I'm glad I took those classes for welding. Glad the Auto Technician degree required welding. Waiting on some cash I can hide from the wife before I tear into this thing. Or decide weither I should part it out and find a diff. one.

LDeuce said:
Yea 300 for the two pieces and then 300 for shipping.. that's a buttload of shipping money.
Where did you get a $300 shipping quote from?

The shipping on a full passenger side pan from Sherman was less than $30 to NY.

If the quote is from Jeep 4x4 center, that sucks but it would cost about that to just drive down and pick it up (NY to Fl and back).

If thats the extent of the rust in the rear then I would just patch and treat as needed.
That pan will fit, I've got two from them. Dig a little deeper in their site and you will discover that they also have the rear pan for $130, cheap S&H.Don't buy them all up...I need three more....lol

Back