• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

STILL WOBBLING

corywmower

NAXJA Forum User
My 2000 xj with 2" lift has a shake from 45 to 50 mph...sometimes it's worse than other time...depends on road surface...I've changed out a few things, but the main thing is the tires were out of balance due to wear...I balanced them myself at a local shop and I know they are balanced..but the wobble is still there and seems worse...when I put on my winter rims and tires, it is almost gone, but still there...any suggestions? everything is tight/new....

Winter rims and tires fix it? That points in the direction of a tire/rim/balance/alignment issue. Also you need to give us more information on you your XJ. List all the modifications, what rims, what brand tires, what size. Besides balance, have you had it aligned. Where at, some fast food tire shop like Tires Plus, Discount Tire, or PEP Boys? You need to find a good independent garage that knows how to solve alignment and balance issues, has techs that have been on the job longer than a few months, and don't just do what the computerized alignment rack says to do.

The tire shop I go to has had the same techs for the last 5 years. The alignment shop I go to does everything from FWD cars to dump trucks and 18 wheelers.

Last edited:
Just get a track bar, on the 97+ its almost a requirement with any lift.
I have a nice one for sale for only 90 shipped.

Back