• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grand Cherokee Seat?s

krelja

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to buy these seats and was wondering if they were ZJ or WJ seats?? The price seems real good and I can use the upgrade can anyone help I'm hoping all I need is a constant hot and switched hot to get the power function working but they seem to be in really good shape the person has them listed as 2001 cherokee seat but I know thats not the case

those are WJ seats. I've heard they bolt on your rails.

I picked them up and they are from a WJ but they will not bolt right up to my 98 but the mods won't be too bad. I checked all the power options and they work and fit in width wise so its not a big deal. But be a little weary cause the WJ ones are not offset like the XJ and they will take some mods or a welder which I have will help out alot

krelja said:
I picked them up and they are from a WJ but they will not bolt right up to my 98 but the mods won't be too bad. I checked all the power options and they work and fit in width wise so its not a big deal. But be a little weary cause the WJ ones are not offset like the XJ and they will take some mods or a welder which I have will help out alot

You're suppose to swap the seat bases to achieve a direct fit. The mounting bolt pattern on the seats, to the seat bases; on the XJ and WJ are the same. You don't have to weld or modify anything....

I understand where you are coming from but the new seats I have are full power and I can't just swap the bases cause then I will not be able to use the power options on the new seat I've had them hooked up to the battery and they work fine but the bases will need to be modified

I just cut off all the brackets under the seat and made them nice and flush and welded some new bracketry on so it would bolt up to the original holes I like the way it came out and the seat goes back really far due to the customs brackets now my dad who is 6-4 260 and my friend who is a fat ass fits in good with no issues I'll post some pics once I'm finished. On a side note I got both fronts and the rear seats off craigslist for $200 which I thought was a pretty good deal

Yeah, thats pretty much what I did on my '93. I wouldn't go back!

before
4-06025.jpg

after
WJSeats002.jpg

so just for the record, what year grand cherokee seats will fit in a cherokee with no modifications done?? also what about the back seat. it would be cool to take the bench out and put in 2 regular seats. but that will probably require some bracket fabbing.

i know ive seen it out there somewhere, but since we're already on the topic . . . .

Back