• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rust damage should I buy

PEAFMAN

NAXJA Forum User
Up for sale is a 92 YJ w/ 150,000 miles and 4.0. owner states floor rusted through on driver side. Going for arond $2000. Should I buy. Auction ending soon is it worth it?

Note Sorry to post on both oem and modified but this is ending soon and need immediate help.

Thank you

PEAFMAN said:
Up for sale is a 92 YJ w/ 150,000 miles and 4.0. owner states floor rusted through on driver side. Going for arond $2000. Should I buy. Auction ending soon is it worth it?

Note Sorry to post on both oem and modified but this is ending soon and need immediate help.

Thank you

Really need more info , what do you want to do with it? Daily driver? Trail toy? Replacing floor pans is really no big deal if the rest of the rig is in good shape, engine, drivetrain and such.

If it's got that much rust then it has rust everwhere and even in places you can't see it. It also depends on where it's located. No rust in colorado,navada utah and parts of Tx. Means abosolutly no rust. No rust in the northeast means no holes thrue it or not many. Rust here means bad paint and some ruff spots where as rust in florida means it was exposed to salt spray and the floors are now ply wood.

Back