• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WONT COME OUT?????

kenny schmitt

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 that i just put a RE 5.5 on but now that its built up and ready to go i forgot to remove the bolts for the old sway bar links and i cand get the disconects on. i tried putting a puller on there and torching and turning with a t55 socket all at the same time i need some ideas i broke both of the t55 sockets that i had now what cutting drilling and grinding?????? any help would be great

they have torx heads, but they're pressed into the swabar end links.
grind the torx head off, use a nut and some washers, use a large breaker bar on the nut and use it to pull the bolt through the swatbar endlink.
an impact does it in about 30 seconds.

I ended up using puller on mine, stupid bolts.

I used an angle grinder to cut a slit in the metal bar the stud is pressed into to release tention on the rusted/siezed splined part. It then came right out with a slight whack with a hammer. I threw a tack weld over the cut when I was done. My new swaybar lingks (JKS) use a bolt to go through the existing stud hole and it didnt even matter than the slice was there, I didnt tack it for quite a while.

-Jerry

Back