• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket diff covers with drain plugs?

darjevon

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,

I have a 99xj with the stock diffs (non-abs 8.25 in rear btw). I am tired of having to scrape silicone. Does anyone have a link to a (preferably inexpensive) aftermarket cover with a drain plug? The stock one seems way too weak to drill and tap, and i hate the little rubber plug that always seeps oil. TIA.

And a 10% discount for NAXJA members, plug in NAXJA as the discount/coupon code when you checkout......

My belief on these of the best feature is the mounting surface, the are now all milled 100% FLAT after wellding! and we have 29 of the 8.25" Chrysler Covers in stock!

And while you are on the website register so we can send you some stickers....

Dan Fredrickson
www.ruffstuffspecialties.com

Last edited:
Gravel Maker said:
And a 10% discount for NAXJA members, plug in NAXJA as the discount/coupon code when you checkout......
Is that discount specifically for NAXJA members, NAXJA Supporting Members, and/or registered NAXJA Forum Users? May want to specify.

Ralph said:
I guess you haven't figured out that a wire wheel works really well at removing silicone sealer.

no, but wouldn't that gouge the surface and cause leaks? I just want to put in the actual gasket for the 8.25, bolt it up, and not have to care anymore.

Yucca-Man said:
Is that discount specifically for NAXJA members, NAXJA Supporting Members, and/or registered NAXJA Forum Users? May want to specify.

that Code will enable anyone to get a 10% discount, however supporting NAXJA is a personal choice, paying the nominal membership fee helps keep this site alive.

Sorry for the duplicate post, I knew I had responded to the question but didn't see the answer when I refreshed.....

Dan Fredrickson
www.ruffstuffspecialties.com

XJEEPER said:
Or pay for the welded unit and then tear it off and reweld it yourself to stop the leakage.......beefy cover, less than impressed by the welds.

You must have got a friday afternoon one. :doh:

The 2 that I own, and the several others I've seen all had beautiful(leak free) welds.

i actually just ordered a dif cover from ruff stuff today for my XJ. im running a explorer 8.8 rearend but whatever. i heard about ruff stuff on pirate and he has a discount for them too. just a different code, and he gives you like 10% off and it prob helps him find out where to advertise more if he gets more discount codes from certain sites. but the covers are the thickest ive ever seen on the market. 3/8" thick with a 1/2" thick outer ring to the mounting surface. and they are guaranteed not to break, or you'll get it replaced for free. not a bad price either. my 8.8 was like 120 shipped with countersunk holes/high quality hardware to mount it. another 5 bucks woulda got me a drain plug but i opted not for one. ill prob regret it but whatever.

Back