• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 35 spring perch

ricko70

NAXJA Forum User
After a weekend romp through the desert I noticed a small wiggle when I accelerate from a stop. I discovered that the spacer block on the right rear spring had broken in half leaving only the rear portion of the block between the spring and axle housing. This spacer or block is made of cast iron and is an inch thick.( I don't know if it is a stock part because I have a 4.5" lift which was on it when I bought it.) Anyways, If I can just replace that spacer I will be a happy camper. BUT, I see that both spring perches are arced. Is that the way it's supposed to be? They both don't appear damaged.
The only reason I can come up with for them being that way is to let the springs flex better. Does that sound right??????????
Any help would be appreciated.
Forgot--92XJ, auto, ABS, I6, pretty much stock other than the lift.
Thanks again, Rick

get rid of the spacers.
that's the best advice you can get.
and yes the perches are curved.
but once again I'll say it nicely before this thread gets carried away, you really don't want the blocks. if I were you and you still want that extra inch I'd ditch the blocks and get some 1" extended shackles.

Back