• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What radiator should I get???

slcpunk74

NAXJA Forum User
So I did some nice wheeling in the hills yesterday and my cherokee got pretty hot but not like it was on fire(next line past 210). Anyway I did not notice anything out of the ordinary but today I went outside and saw a wet spot under her... I took a further look and my fins are looking pretty bad and I guess its radiator time. So long story short it gets hot here(100*F+) and I wheel and will pull a trailer and use it as a dd. what radiator should I get(budget minded) and what can In do to help it cool other then the obvious t-stat, coolant flush, new radiator thing?

Thanks in advance
Chad

hey sorry its a 97 with a 4.0 and aw4...

are they 2 or 3 row? alum or brass? Which is best?

Look on the OEM forum. Someone just posted up about the excellent customer service at RadiatorBarn. Everyone says 2 rows are all you need and that they actually have a little more capacity than 3 rows. I need to replace my old plastic tanked one pretty soon too so this and other radiator posts catch my eye.

I had a three row from 1-800 radiator and it wasn't the best, so when the fan put a hole in it, I switched to a two row Modine from Napa. My temp never goes above 210 unless I pull very hard on a long hill.

the Modines are not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Back