• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Props to RadiatorBarn

lbsnowryder

NAXJA Forum User
Just a quick thanks to the ROB at Radiator Barn. I'm not sure anybody else would have honored the warranty like they did.

So i've had the engine and 3-row radiator in my XJ for about 1 month. So last week i'm driving along and i hear a load CRACK. XJ starts to heat up real quick. Luckly i was about a block from home. I pull in my garage and i see fluid dripping everywhere. I assumed it was a hose. I didn't even look at it for a few days. When i finally take a look i found this.
000_0081.jpg

Repair cost was more than purchase price alot of $$. It's a total of 16 rows with holes. Apparently the radiator flexed and came back into the fan. You can see where it caught the protective band and snapped it sidewayz into the rows.
I called Radiator Barn and told them the story and 3 days later they sent me a new radiator.

This feedback from others is why I bought my 2 row CSF from them. I hope I never have to test the warranty like you did. ;)

Always have heard good things about RadiatorBarn and this confirms it. They will get my business and any other that I can throw their way. Thanks ibsnowryder.

I've used them as well, even to force autozone to price match.

I have been very pleased with their sevice as well, but I don't like the misleading way they run the website.

No matter what vehicle you put in, it says it is a complicated fit and you must call or have them call you. Why make it look like you can do all the busniess online, when you can't ?

TRCM said:
No matter what vehicle you put in, it says it is a complicated fit and you must call or have them call you. Why make it look like you can do all the busniess online, when you can't ?

This was not my experience when I bought mine. I just went back and double checked and got all the way to checkout without any such message.

TRCM said:
I've used them as well, even to force autozone to price match.

I have been very pleased with their sevice as well, but I don't like the misleading way they run the website.

I think you may be referring to radiator.com, where you have to go through the so called "online chat with a service rep". Radiatorbarn takes you straight to two options, all metal 2 or 3 row.

I agree with what you're saying; when I was looking for radiators I went to radiators.com and the whole chat thing just turned me away.

Never had a prob. checking out w/Radiator Barn. Have bought three rads. from them (3 diff. vehicles). Great price and customer service, fast shipping. They have all my busines.

Blaine B. said:
Check your engine mounts as well?

Definitely check those motor mounts.
Don't want another radiator to get ate.

Hale

If they are bad, do them both, and the trans mount. Most likely your driver's side will be toast and the rest will be OKAY although it's a good thing to do them all at the same time :)

Anyway, radiatorbarn.com seems good. Radiator.com seems swell too, although with that chat thing, I believe you are talking to a bot......it asked me questions I already said No to.

Glad to see someone praising a product and good customer service rather than coming on here and saying "Don't buy from radiator barn, they'll rip you off!"

;)

More people should try giving praise over good service/products rather than trashing a company over one bad experience.

jason said:
how did your radiator flex and contact your fan

I put a new motor in it along with new motor mounts and trans mount. But the first time i went over 40mph the clutch fan caught that protective band. It might have had something to do with giving it alot of gas and going uphill onto the freeway.

Good to hear that a company still takes good care of there customers. Some one should send a link of this post to them so they can see what a good example it is to do right for the consumer!

you convinced me to order my new 3 core from them

thanks

lbsnowryder said:
I put a new motor in it along with new motor mounts and trans mount. But the first time i went over 40mph the clutch fan caught that protective band. It might have had something to do with giving it alot of gas and going uphill onto the freeway.

Ah, mine did that a few weeks ago. Is that band or whatever really Necessary? I didn't destroy my radiator though. That little band/wire is gone now, though.

Of course my motor mounts are shot......and I had one of those fan clutches with the little thermal tabs on it.

Back