• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skyjacker Trac Bar

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
My buddy just upgraded to JKS and is gonna let me buy his Skyjacker trac bar for 40 bucks, so im all over that. Any bad things about these? i wish i would go for JKS or RE HD but dont have that kind of money right now.

I'm runnin the JKS on mine with 3" and so far, I don't really have any complaints. However, it started popping on me bad the other day. Crawled under there and saw that it was the trac bar at the frame end. It was pretty dern tight, but I still made extra sure that it was as tight as I could freakin get it.

Also shot some grease in that end (it's got a rebuildable, greasable johnny joint on it). However today, after some EXTREMELY MILD offroad use, it's now popping again.....i'm going to mess with it later.....might end up rebuilding the johnny joint.

Other than that, I can't complain about it.

Cherokeekid88 said:
My buddy is gonna let me buy his Skyjacker trac bar for 40 bucks...

He's getting the $kyjacker, which is what I've got.

I wouldn't buy it again. MAYBE I'd take it for free. If I was hard up...

It's a goofy design, the trackbar mounts to the stock steering stabilizer mount, and uses a new bracket bolted to the swaybar mount to mount up the new stabilizer.

I guess it might help if you ran it with high-steer, but with stock steering it really screws up the trackbar/draglink angle.

I guess I've just accepted the bumpsteer, but it still pisses me off the money I spent to ruin my steering...

Robert

Last edited:
woops....read your post wrong. Thought you said your buddy went from JKS to skyjacker and was selling you the JKS....my bad!

Back