• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running Dakota A/T Tires? (PEP Boys)

bobinyelm

NAXJA Forum User
I am about to put either Goodrich T/A "A/T" tires or Definity "Dakota A/T" tires on my Cherokee.

Most use will be highway, but I need a tire that won't suffer sidewall bruising off-road from rocks and such.

The Goodrich are $480 for 4 w/ mounting, balance, road hazard, and tax.'

The Dakota A/Ts are $310 after "Buy 3, One Free" rebate for same as above.

Tread is similar on both. Both have 50,000mi tread warranty

Dakotas are ALSO available in stiffer walled "Load Range D" for an additional $20 per tire.

Any comments would be most welcome. I am leaning toward the Goodrich based on reputation, but for $170 less...?
Bob

No complaints with the bfg at's. I have em in 30x9.5". In fact everyone I know who has had a set loved em. They are awesome in the rain and snow.

If you wheel they are a great a/t trail tire. But if your a mud or rock guy I'd look for something else.

Yeah, I have the BFG A/T's and they are awesome. 30x9.50. I've seen other BFG A/T's get clogged up in mud though.

But the A/T's are better in rain, etc.....as mentioned. Mud terrains are obviously great in mud but not as good in the rain.

So take your pick!

Dakota's
tires002.jpg

BFG's
all_terrain_large.jpg

I've run the dakota a/t's on an old dodge dakota pickup. Can't really say much about them, they do what an all terain does. I didn't keep the truck long enough to comment on longevity, but they did seem to wear well. Also pepboys is easy to go back to if you have a problem with a tire.

super old post digger anyway if anyone cares

i ran the pep boys dakotas for a while and they are a great street/fire road tire. Offroad t hey suffered alot of nicks and slashes from mild abuse and the side walls you can blow thru them.

Last edited:
Back