• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Hood spacing tips

decartwright

NAXJA Forum User
A few months back I read a Thread about cooling help for an XJ. Someone posted some tips on how to add some washers to raise the back of the hood and let the heat out. I want to eventually install a hood scoop facing the winshield but I just don't have the time to do this to my 89 daily driver. I can run a wrench well enough but when it comes to realigning body parts I'm a clutz. The tips were to help keep everything straight as I remember. Thanks

washers? man when i spaced the hood on an old racecar it was 2x2s all the way baby!!!!,woooo!!!
seriosly like he said mark around the hinges and check bodylines on reassembly it really is that easy

Shimming up the back of the hood is super easy. Took me about 15 min with my wife supporting the side of the hood so it wouldnt fall on my head. She is 5'3 and 110 soaking wet and a very prissy "I Don't wanna get dirty" type of person and it still only took us 15 min. hmmm Maybe I should get her a set of mechanics gloves then I dont have to worry about her getting dirty and I could shave 5 min off that time. :)

Back