• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

90 XJ fuel pump into 84 XJ gas tank,...

bxj

NAXJA Forum User
Wondering what needs to be spliced in or modified and if I can use + install an "bargain find" from the local boneyard a 12-volt 1990 XJ Bosch fuel pump into the gas tank of a 1984 that had a 2.8 liter V-6 I believe-I just need the extra boost doing starting with another larger engine modification upgrade down the line-I only have that "wonderful" Haynes manual for reference so at this point I am needing some input/advice/suggestions/etc-TIA

.Hopeing to be able to have this 90 XJ fuel pump installed into the 84 XJ tank and wired to just operate with the start+kill switch-Also .wondering if I should spring now for a new unit at $200.00 and to go down to the local NAPA and mercifully spare myself another headache down the line and get a new complete assemby instead of trying to use this boneyard fuel pump-
TIA

Back