• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what do you know about this? 5 position trans case??

Possibly the NV 242. Ask in the tech sections and you might get a better response.

:D

My Email said:
hello,
i am replying to this ad:
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant/car/361952697.html
i was wondering if you had some more information on the "SPECIAL ORDER 5 POSITION TRANSFER CASE; a true 2 wheel drive disconect-VERY RARE!!! "
i am very interested in this jeep and would like some more info or pictures of this rare 5 pos tcase.
thanks in advance!
-mike

yeah, 242. 2wh, 4wh fulltime(something to that effect), 4wh high, n, 4wh low.
non disco front.
personally I wont pay more then $1000 for a cherokee, even in Hawaii. course mine never stay pretty or very functional for more then a few months and never keep original parts more then a week.

i didnt know a 242 case was a "very rare" "special order" :dunno:

does look like a nice clean xj tho... but with a 242 i wouldnt go more than 1k or so, but thats just me :D

I thought the 242 started in 91? I would get it for DDing in snow but not for a trail queen. its easy enough to swap in a 231 and front shaft and allready have the non disco.

in2fords said:
I thought the 242 started in 91? I would get it for DDing in snow but not for a trail queen. its easy enough to swap in a 231 and front shaft and allready have the non disco.

I've seen 242's in '88's before.

I have a 242 in my 88, it's not rare, and it's nothing special. In fact, the aftermarket offers LESS for mine than for the 231, so that "rare" t-case is actually a bugger if you wanna go more than 5 inches up lol.

Jump This said:
Snow can be a problem in Oahu?

:D
nah, My fiancee is up in Oregon where Im headed, and I have lived in Colorado springs where hail can be year round. ask me how I know, demolished mx6 in the middle of August!

88? I did not know they started that early. good knowledge for the fiance'es build.
Jeremy

Back