• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor

mjkluth

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 93 ZJ that I just finished swapping a 97 XJ 4.0 into. On my ZJ the ECT sensor for the guage was on the back of the head, and the sensor for the PCM goes into the thermostat housing. The new engine (from a 1997 XJ sport) does not have the spot on the back of the head for the ECT sensor to attach, and I can't seem to find anywhere that it does attach. Can anyone tell me where this sensor on the 97 4.0 is for an XJ? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Mark

I believe that engine doesn't have a separate sensor for the gauge. The PCM uses the signal from the sensor in the t stat housing for both functions and it sends the correct signal to the gauge.

Kyung

corbinafly said:
I believe that engine doesn't have a separate sensor for the gauge. The PCM uses the signal from the sensor in the t stat housing for both functions and it sends the correct signal to the gauge.

Kyung

2x Just checked my FSM same sensor. Just goes to the PCm then to the gauge.

That is right, the 97+ only have the one sensor for both functions. So T piece off the thermostat housing for the guage as well.

Back