• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I hate my discos. Whats better?

cshontz

NAXJA Forum User
I have JKS Quick Disconnects ... had 'em for a long time, kept 'em maintained for the most part. They're stubborn, and take a good bit of ass to operate. Now they're developing slop, and just being more high maintenance than I'd like.

Its been a while since I've been disco shopping. Has anything better surfaced for an 01 XJ w/ 2" lift? I like Nth's, but I've never seen 'em on an XJ, and I'm not sure I have enough lift for 'em.

76645303_36d605e925.jpg

Rubicon Express? Make your own (fashioned after RE):

A Tera-flex "quick Disconnect" sway-bar(not links) is the only way to go!

I like my Skyjacker Discos, takes maybe a minute to get them in and out. and they offer a set for 3" of lift, which im sure youd have no problem fitting on your 2"

no swaybars? ditched mine awhile ago and like how it handles without them. But I have stiffer coils/leaves and shocks then stock.

Anything you get will end up like the JKS, just the nature...my teras were fine but then slopped out and I just took them off.

RE are noisy. RE Gen II are supposed to be much quieter. I never had probs with my JKS Quicker Disconnects though. That's what it appears yours are as well, since you've got the two zerks on each disco.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

I have R.E.gen II and I don't like them I need a mallet to bang them on or off and I need to be on dead level ground or forget it.
Check out the homebrews by XJBUBBA those look sweet .

lamula said:
I need to be on dead level ground or forget it.

This would be the case with any end link disco, otherwise you are fighting the torsional forces of the swaybar. That's kinda how the swaybar works :doh:

I went to my local lifted truck shop and talked to the guy about good discos when I diconnected the front. He sold me some brand that I think was called worrior but im not 100% sure what they were called but I love them. They are just like the rubicon design but the end that attaches to the sway bar has a male end enstead of like the jks where theirs goes from a female end to a male end. I think mine cost me $30 total and the only problem that I have ever had with it is that I bent one of the pins that locks it but that was easly fixed with a flat surface and a hammer.

Back