• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Magnifying glass for projector beam

Supermanxj

NAXJA Forum User
Alright it is 1:00am here in texas and i have probably a sleepy idea but have any of you tryed using a mgnifying glass in front of your head light for a "projector beam."

Call me stupid but if i am thinking straight when you put a magnifying glass in front of the sun it makes it brighter and hotter (dont ask me how my leaf pile was burned) therefore maybe producing a light close to HID.

I KNOW that this will not be legal however if you are out in the boonies and need some brightness maybe this could be a help.

Please give me some input.

Thanks

Josh

PS i am sorry if this is a way stupid Question but is in my mind and i figured i could ask. And i did search and could find nothing. Thanks for putting up with my BS.:worship:

Josh,
I don't think that would help much cause the lenses already have a sort of fresnel system going for them any way. I installed the "blue" type of lights and they didn't help much. I think the problem is really an inherent weakness in the electrical system. Maybe someone out there who has upgraded the ground / wiring has noticed whether or not they've improved power of the headlights. I'd sure like to hear about it cause that's been an issue with me too.

Back