• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ENGINE WONT HARDLY RUN WHEN WET

redrider2911

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 87 Jeep Wagoneer 4.0 HO and whenever I get a little wet my engine seems to drown and die. It will start randomly for the day and try to die if my rpms are too low, and sometimes not start at all. if i let it dry out for a day or two it runs perfect. I've already sealed my distributor and the problem persists. any help?

Sure sounds like a distributor cap to me.

How did you seal it? Was it a new cap when you sealed it? Is the grommet for the wires still intact?

Have you checked your spark plug wires? mist some water on them at night with the engine running, see if it looks like a lightning storm...

yea i put a brand new rotor and cap on it and sealed it with high heat silicone. ill try misting some water on it tonight even though the spark plug wires look good. thanks guys

well thats what i used actually. i heard that it should work great but if anyone knows different please share.

Back