• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C Help

00Classic

NAXJA Forum User
My 2000 XJ is having AC problems that nobody can figure it out. Give you the history real quick. Last summer replace the evaporator. Never was real cold after the repair. Just replaced the liquid line because orfuce tube is in line and the dryer. All pressure reading are good except the pressure on the high side is about 20lbs high. Still no cold air. If I can get on the highway and let it run for about 15 mins it will cool of but not like it should. Anyone had similar problems? What can I try next?

Today I did rip into the dash and found the plastic tab on the recirculate door had broke off. Riged to open to see if it would help and nothing.

With the recirc damper door closed.... the inside of the vehicle should get colder quicker....
As for the HI side being 20# higher with less cooling.... this could indicate the system was not proper evacuated of air after replacing the drier and liquid line...
Do you know if the system was flushed after the parts replacement ????
Since the evaporator is inside the air box under the dash... checking the coil for consistant temperature across the majority of the coil is not an option....
The temperature differential between outside incoming air temperature and duct outlet temperature should be approximately 20*..... and recirc air should be a few degrees more....

Charles

Back