• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing A/C

Blue_Blooded

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone remove their A/C? I'm not a terribly big fan of A/C and mine needs a recharge anyways so its useless cuz i'm not gone mess with it unless its taking it off. I figured instead of trying to find a belt that would work I would make a custom pulley bracket and slap the condensor pulley on it. It would free up alot of room under the hood and give me enough space to finally have a windshield wash resevoir. I'll post a pic of what it looks like under the hood so you guys get the jist of why it would free up alot of room. An engine swap was done to it and a non h.o. took the original spot.

I just saw an MJ in the bone yard that did not have AC. It had a bracket and a pully up where the compresser should be. I bet you can find find a part number if ya look hard enough.(Anybody else feel free to chime in)

Good luck to you

Pigpen

I had an 86 with the 2.5L that did not have the power to move the XJ and run the AC. I pulled the AC and use a smaller belt and the idler pully.

Back