• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

235/75s on 15/8

rag

NAXJA Forum User
the time has come to get rid of my dryrotted bald tires, not to mention unsafe mismatched tires.

my 89xj is on a 1.5"bb.the truck is beat to hell, ugly, dented but runs like a top. if fender hacking is needed i wont flinch

i have five 15x8 cragar soft8s collecting dust. 4inch backspacing

i do not have money for gears and this is a strict daily driver due to lack of funds to repair trail damage. so id like to keep it around stock size if not slightly larger.

so will 235/75s work on 15x8 safely? or am i pushing it with how narrow the tires are? guide me in choosing tire sizes

keep in mind i am putting myself through college and my job as an entry level technician does not pay as much as id like. in other words im a poor student, flashy classy tires are out of the question.

thankyou guys:eeks1:

235's should be just fine on an 8 inch wide rim. I had that size on my old pickup with 8in wheels and never had trouble. If you wheel this at all and plan on airing down much it could possibly cause some issues with bead poppage!
With your bb in there you shouldnt have to trim with those size of tires.
Hope that helps

Back